Thursday, October 13

Behind ...

Honestly, the title of this blog could apply to a few different areas of my life.

Mostly - I'm behind in the blogging of our adventures. 

But in the spirit of "behinds" I could touch briefly on potty training. Claire is doing well at potty training but lately has her days when she says she "Don't likey pee pee" and wants to wear a pull-up instead. We're getting there ... I try to remind myself that she's only just over two and is not at all behind. Side note: I wasn't prepared for how gross potty training would be - messy.

So needless to say I'm still wiping little behinds and trying to keep up with life. 
(For those of you who are pregnant with your second and wondering how life with two in diapers will be ... it's truly not a big deal. I love my babies being so close in age.)

Perspective is so incredibly important at this stage in our lives. It's funny to think back on the things people told you when you were having your first, and then your second child. 
Things that other made you feel like would be "just awful" really .... aren't. 
I've been changing diapers for over two years, haven't had many uninterrupted nights of sleep in 6 months and we're doing great. Seeing the big picture (this is a season that will go by far too quickly) makes our lives sweeter.

We've been busy. 
Claire is loving pre-school, she's become very imaginative and is still our silly girl.
Griffin is sitting up, scooting and rolling. 
Both kids are a blast. So playful and fun.

Work has been really busy for me - I tend to forget how crazy the beginning of Fall is. I've had some late nights trying to get work done after the kids go to bed, but I've had some really great opportunities. I received my first screen credit for the work I did for the documentary this month and that was really exciting. Several freelance opportunities have sprung up the past few weeks, which is awesome, it's just added a lot on top of my normal work for the church.
Thankful every day God's given me my dream gig that I can do from home.

I've jokingly referred to Griffin as "Griffin 2.0" lately. He had a rough first few months of life but has turned a corner this last month and is very content and mellow - much like his sister. 
He still loves his Mama, but thankfully he now loves other people too. :) 

Griffin is all boy. It's fun to see the instinctive differences between he and Claire. 
If I give him a stuffed animal, he'll wrestle it to the floor, growl and bite it. 
(Kind of like a puppy ...)

We spent the afternoon at the park a couple of Saturdays ago. 
This girl LOVES her Daddy.

 We met some friends at My Gym a couple of weeks ago and had so much fun.
Claire loved the free play and many of the activities were awesome for improving coordination.
(Plus, it just plain wore her out which is a plus for any mama of a toddler!)

Claire modeling her outfit that Mimi and Papa brought her from Nepal.

Claire loves art time. Which makes this artist mommy very happy.
(She's painting with a cooking brush - we paint with different things to see the different patterns left behind.

Claire's "I'm ignoring the camera" face.

Playing at the park - there doesn't seem to be anything she won't try to climb.

Still loves swinging ...

 I'm sure this will embarrass Ethan but I had to post it. He's a great playmate!



Griffin swinging for the first time. He can't get enough.
 


My big sitter! Still a little wobbly but he seems to enjoy a good tumble.






He couldn't be any sweeter.


1 comment:

MissMolly said...

Kristen, your kids are so cute! Griffin's eyes are amazing.