Wednesday, June 22

Peace ...

As you can imagine ... things are often "peaceful" in our house right now. It's fun and we love it - but quiet is not something we encounter much these days.

I wish I'd been better about keeping a prayer journal over the past six years of marriage. Hindsight is one of my most favorite aspects of adult life. It's amazing to see God working in amazing ways as he asked us to do things that meant we had to hold our breath and take a huge leap of faith. Or even through friendships and strangers he put in our path. We wouldn't be in Austin if God hadn't used our good friends in Tulsa to point us this direction.


Ethan has some cool opportunities stirring at work - and we've been drowning them in prayer the last couple of weeks ...


I had a really stressful morning after taking Griffin to his Chiropractic treatment. My car has been acting funny this past week and the failing transmission barely got myself and the kids home this morning. Ethan has an important interview at work this afternoon and I kept thinking "why today?" I don't want to add to his stress!

When we finally pulled into the driveway I just started to cry - I didn't want to be stuck in the heat on the side of the road waiting for a friend to pick us up. Immediately, I was reminded what a ridiculous blessing having two cars is for our family since it's really difficult for us to share a car with Ethan working 30 minutes north. And what a blessing it is to have friends nearby who can drop everything to come helps us.

The leap of faith we took when we felt God calling me to stay home with the kids has proven to be a huge blessing. With that blessing comes many opportunities for spiritual growth and character building. We don't have many extras these days but all of our bills are paid and we have food on the table. A couple of weeks ago I was feeling particularly stressed and bummed about finances, one of the blogs I follow had a post about a single mother of three children living in the Philippines in a "house" that was the size of our master bath. (Which isn't all that big). The pictures were of the kids napping on the floor as the mother had to step over them to prepare dinner. It was humbling as my babies slept in the next room in their beautiful beds filled with blankets, pillows and stuffed animals.

In the midst of chaos - there is a tremendous amount of peace that comes with knowing we are right where God wants us to be and he provides even when things seem impossible.

My car is being towed for diagnostics this afternoon and we have no idea where the money will come from to fix it. And, have no idea what will happen with Ethan's job this week. I do know that God is taking care of us and I'm humbled with much peace when I pray about these things.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Totally agree! We are in the same boat and have been for the last 4 years. Granted, its gotten better as time goes on, but looking back, we had NOTHING, barely enough to pay rent, but we never went without. God is faithful in His blessings towards us. We are God's children and he will ALWAYS take care of us. Hang in there, the car situation will work out and the money will come. God uses these times to build our faith.

SATYA LAKSHMI said...

Me too totally agree as told by Ryan.

Having faith on god only give full peace.