Monday, June 20

The one about Griffin ...

Griffin: I wanted to take a minute to apologize to you. I'm sorry that you already have less blog posts than your sister ... and pictures for that matter. Frankly, life was easier and we had less to do when Claire was a baby. You, my love, have entered the world right in the middle of what often feels like a toddler tornado. I love you more than life itself, even if you don't have equal amounts of blog posts to prove it ...




There is so much to say about sweet Griffin, I don't even know where to start. He is adorable and cheeky all at the same time. He melts my heart with his little grins. He "talks" to me after he eats with the sweetest coo's and gurgles.


I know someday that kid is going to break my heart when he takes off and starts a life of his own. Or maybe he won't ... he can stay home and be my baby forever. :) (and live in the basement playing video games all day ... er ... on second thought, I don't want him to be that guy.)

He's come alive this past month. He's very alert, sometimes to my disadvantage, but for the most part it's fun watching him get a look at the world around him.

Griffin loves his sister. He loves watching her play, dance and wrestle him. The rougher she plays with him, the funnier he thinks it is.

The boy loves to eat. At his two-month check up he weighed in a 14 pounds and 23 inches long. I've had to buy several onesies in the 12 month size for this kid. I love having a chubby baby. Despite dealing with some reflux, he's a great eater.


Everywhere we go people "ooo" and "aahh"over his big blue eyes. His eyes are dark blue and he has the most strikingly long eyelashes to go along with them. Several people have said to me "He's too pretty to be a boy!"

He's good natured most of the time. He does like to know where mama is and doesn't like going to Target. Which is a pity, I love Target.

Griffin is constantly being drug around to play dates, appointments and we are up at the church about three times a week. Like I said, the poor kid has come into a crazy schedule.


Last night, he slept for 8 1/2 hours straight before waking up to eat! We'll see if it continues. On Saturday night, he slept in the nursery with Claire - which is the plan once he's sleeping through the night on a regular basis.

I love this kid to death. When I was pregnant I often felt guilty wondering if I could love another baby as much as I loved Claire - little did I know I had plenty of room in my heart for this little guy.

I adore my babies to much and am thankful to be home with them every day.

No comments: